Improved Watermark Extraction from Audio Signals by Scaling of Internal Noise in DCT Domain
Scaling of internal noise in discrete cosine transform (DCT) domain has been presented for copyright protection of audio signals. Watermark as a logo is embedded into the most prominent peaks of the highest energy segment of the audio DCT coefficients. Tuning of the DCT coefficients of the watermarked signal by noise-induced resonance improves the authenticity of the watermarked signal. This scaling is produced by noise-induced resonance, generally known as Dynamic stochastic resonance (DSR). DSR utilizes the noise introduced during different signal processing attacks and it induced here as an iterative process due to which the effect of noise is suppressed and hidden information is enhanced. Response of the proposed extraction scheme suggests increased robustness against various attacks such as noise addition, cropping, re-sampling, re-quantization, MP3 compression, and echo. Comparison with the existing DCT, DWT and SVD techniques shows the better performance in terms of correlation coefficient and visual quality of extracted watermark.
KeywordsDiscrete Cosine Transform Stochastic Resonance Audio Signal Watermark Scheme Discrete Cosine Transform Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Zeng, G., Qiu, Z.: Audio watermarking in DCT-Embedding Strategy and Algorithm. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, pp. 2193–2196 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Al-Hai, A., Mohammad, A., Bata, L.: DWT based audio watermarking. International Arab Journal of Information Technology 8(3), 326–333 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Ozer, H., Sankur, B.: An SVD-Based Audio Watermarking Technique. In: IEEE Signal Proc-essing and Communications Applications Conference, pp. 452–455 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ye, Q., Huang, H., He, X., Zhang, C.: A SR-based Radon transform to extract weak lines from noise images. In: Proc. of IEEE ICIP, vol. 5, pp. 1849–1852 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, G., Qiu, Z.: A novel watermarking scheme based on stochastic resonance. In: IEEE 8th International Conference on Signal Processing, vol. 2, pp. 1–4 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Sun, S., Ming, J., Xing-qiong, L.: A blind audio watermarking based on stochastic resonance signal processor. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, pp. 2185–2188 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Chouhan, R., Jha, R.K., Chaturvedi, A., Yamasaki, T., Aizawa, K.: Robust Watermark Extraction Using SVD-Based Dynamic Stochastic Resonance. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 11, pp. 2801–2804 (2011)Google Scholar