Z Transform Based Digital Image Authentication Using Quantization Index Modulation (Z-DIAQIM)
This paper presents a novel Steganographic technique of color image authentication technique based on the Discrete two dimensional Z-Transform using Quantization Index Modulation (QIM). The Z-Transform is applied on sub-image block of size 2 x 2 in row major order of the carrier image for frequency components of the corresponding spatial components. Image authentication is done by hiding secret message/image into the real part of the frequency component of the carrier image. A single bit of secret message/image is embedded in each carrier image byte based on Quantization Index Modulation where a tolerance factor Δ has been used for invisible embedding. After embedding, a delicate re-adjusting phase is applied in all the frequency components of each mask, to keep the pixel values positive and non-fractional in the spatial domain. It is also applicable for secrete data transmission through carrier color image by hiding secrete data. Experimental results proof the robustness and performance of the proposed technique.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: A Novel Technique for Image Authentication in Frequency Domain using Discrete Fourier Transformation Technique (IAFDDFTT). Malaysian Journal of Computer Science 21(1), 24–32 (2008) ISSN 0127-9094Google Scholar
- 2.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: A Bit Level Image Authentication / Secrete Message Transmission Technique (BLIA/SMTT), Association for the Advancement of Modelling & Simulation Technique in Enterprises (AMSE). AMSE Journal of Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition 51(4), 1–13 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K., et al.: Masking based Data Hiding and Image Authentication Technique (MDHIAT). In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference of IEEE on Advanced Computing and Communications ADCOM 2008, Anna University, Chennai, India, December 14-17, pp. 119–122 (2008) ISBN: 978-1-4244-2962-2Google Scholar
- 9.Ahmidi, N., Safabkhsh, R.: A novel DCT-based approach for secure color image watermarking. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Information technology: Coding and Computing, vol. 2, pp. 709–713 (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Bas, P., Biham, N.L., Chassery, J.: Color watermarking using Quaternion Fourier Transformation. In: Proc. ICASSP, Hong Kong, China, pp. 521–524 (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Kutter, M., Petitcolas, F.A.P.: A fair benchmark for image watermarking systems. In: Electronic Imaging 1999, Security and Watermarking for Multimedia Content, San Josh, CA, vol. 3657, pp. 226–239 (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Weber, A.G.: The usc-sipi image database: http://sipi.usc.edu/services/database/Database.html, Signal and Image Processing Institute at the University of Southern California (October 1997)
- 14.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: Discrete Fourier transform based Multimedia Color Image Authentication for Wireless Communication (DFTMCIAWC). In: 2nd International Conference on Wireless Communications, Vehicular Technology, Information Theory and Aerospace & Electronic Systems Technology, Le Royal Meridian Chennai, India, February 28-March 3 (2011) ISBN: 978-1-4577-0787-2/11Google Scholar