Formal Security Verification of Secured ECC Based Signcryption Scheme
The signcryption scheme is a primitive in public key cryptography and it is useful where privacy and authenticity are required simultaneously. Our proposed Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) based signcryption scheme preserves all the basic security features with lower overheads like authentication, confidentiality, non-repudiation, unforgeability, forward secrecy as well as public verifiability feature. We have showed through formal security analysis that our proposed scheme is secured against any adversary. The proposed scheme has been implemented in AVISPA, a well-known formal verification tool and the simulation results show that the proposed scheme is secured against any intruder attack.
KeywordsSigncryption unsigncryption elliptic curve cryptography ECDLP adversary AVISPA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zheng, Y.: Digital Signcryption or How to Achieve Cost (Signature & Encryption) < < Cost(Signature) + Cost(Encryption). In: Kaliski Jr., B.S. (ed.) CRYPTO 1997. LNCS, vol. 1294, pp. 165–179. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- Peng, C., Xiang, L.: Threshold Signcryption Scheme Based on Elliptic Curve Cryptosystem and Verifiable Secret Sharing. In: International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, vol. 2, pp. 1182–1185 (September 2005)Google Scholar
- Zhou, X.: Improved Signcryption Scheme with Public Verifiability. In: Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering, pp. 178–181. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- Basu, A., Sengupta, I., Sing, J.K.: Secured Hierarchical secret Sharing using ECC based Signcryption. In: Security and Communication Networks. Wiley (to appear)Google Scholar
- Basu, A., Sengupta, I., Sing, J.K.: Cryptosystem for secret sharing scheme with hierarchical groups. International Journal of Network Security (to appear)Google Scholar
- Hankerson, D., Menezes, A., Vanstone, S.: Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography. Springer (2004)Google Scholar
- Stallings, W.: Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practices, 4th edn. Pearson Prentice Hall (2006)Google Scholar
- Chuang, Y.-H., Tseng, Y.-M.: An efficient dynamic group key agreement protocol for imbalanced wireless networks. International Journal of Network Management 20(4), 167–180 (2010)Google Scholar
- AVISPA Project. AVISPA protocol library, http://www.avispa-project.org/
- Vigano, L.: Automated Security Protocol Analysis With the AVISPA Tool. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 155, pp. 61–86. Elsevier (2006)Google Scholar
- Dolev, D., Yao, A.C.-C.: On the security of public key protocols. In: FOCS, pp. 350–357. IEEE (1981)Google Scholar