Automatic Speech Recognizer Using Digital Signal Processor
The use of speech recognition   techniques in many practical applications has demonstrated the need for an Automatic speech Recognizer (ASR), it is a complex machine developed with the purpose to understand human speech. The conventional methods for speech recognition, such as HMM (Hidden Markov Model) and DTW (Dynamic Time Warping), are very complicated and time consuming. To apply Digital Signal Processor TMS320C6713 Digital signal processing Starter Kit (DSK) board is an attempt to implement a laboratory based Automatic speech Recognizer . The proposed approach in this paper simplifies the algorithm using Linear Predictive Cepstral coefficients (LPCC) and Vector Quantization (VQ). The paper includes a performance evaluation of the above techniques on Matlab and application evaluation on DSK board. The database on which the training and testing was carried out is created in-house laboratory under calm and noise free environment.
KeywordsDSK ∆LPCC and VQ
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yuanyuan, S., Jia, L., Runsheng, L.: Single-Chip Speech Recognition System Based on 8051 Microcontroller Core. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics 47(1) (February 2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Peacocke, R., Graf, D.: An Introduction to Speech and Speaker Recognition. IEEE Computing Research Laboratory (August 1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Murveit, H.Y., Brodersen, R.W.: An Integrated-Circuit-Bases Speech Recognition System. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing ASSP- 34(6) (December 1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Saxena, A., Singh, A.: A Microprocessor Based Speech Recognizer For Isolated Hindi DigitsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Iwata, T., Ishizuka, H., Watari, M., Hoshi, T., Kawakarni, Y., Mizuno, M.: Speech Recognition. In: IEEE International Solid State Circuits Conference (February 24, 1983)Google Scholar
- 6.Rabiner, L., Jung, B.H.: Fundamental of Speech Recognition. Pearson Education (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Chassaing, R.: Digital Signal Processing And Applications With The C6713 And C6416 DSK. Wiley Interscience publication (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Singh, A., Srinivasan, S.: Digital Signal Processing-implementation Using DSP Microprocessors With Examples From TMS320C54XX. Thomson publication (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Venkataramani, B., Bhaskar, M.: Digital Signal Processors Architecture, Programming and Applications. Tata McGraw Hill publication (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.TMS320C6000Assembly Language Tools User’s Guide, Literature Number: SPRU186N (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 11.TMS320C6000 CPU and Instruction Set Reference Guide, Literature Number: SPRU189F (October 2000)Google Scholar