Application Development and Cost Analysis for Content Based Publish Subscribe Model in Mobile Environment
Content-based publish-subscribe is emerging as a communication paradigm able to cope with the needs of scalability, flexibility, and reconfigurability typical of highly dynamic distributed applications. However very few efforts concentrates on application development and cost analysis for content based publish subscribe model in real time mobile environment. In this paper we illustrate the application developed for content based publish subscribe in wired and wireless network. Also we present the result of cost analysis performed using cost model in real time mobile environment. The result of the experiment which is carried out using mobile devices show accordance with cost analysis, which verifies the correctness and usefulness of cost model.
KeywordsPublish subscribe model content based Mobile Ad-HOC network REDS Cost model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Banavar, G.: An efficient multicast protocol for content-based publish subscribe System. In: Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Distributed Computing (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Oh, S., Kim, J., Fox, G.: Real-time performance analysis for publish/subscribe systems. In: Proceedings of Future Generation Comp. Syst. (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Toh, K.C.: Ad hoc Mobile Wireless Networks. Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Baldoni, R., Beraldi, R., Querzoni, L., CugoLa, G., Migliavacca, M.: Content-Based Routing in Highly Dynamic Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (October 24, 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Mottola, L., Cugola, G., Picco, G.P.: A Self Repairing Tree Topology Enabling Content-Based Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 7(8) (August 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Baldoni, R., Beraldi, R., Cugola, G., Migliavacca, M., Querzoni, L.: Structure-Less Content-Based Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. IEEE Int’l Conf. Pervasive Services, ICPS (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Eugster, P., Felber, P., Guerraoui, R., Kermarrec, A.-M.: The many faces of publish/subscribe. ACM Computing Surveys 2(35) (June 2003), citeseer.ist.psu.edu/637776.html
- 9.Cugola, G., Picco, G.P.: REDS: A Reconfigurable dispatching system. Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione. Politecnico di Milano, ItalyGoogle Scholar
- 10.REDS Web Page, zeus.elet.polimi.it/reds (2006)
- 11.An Adaptive Approach to Content-Based Subscription in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” Proceedings of the Second IEEE Annual on Per-vasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOMW 2004). IEEE (2004) 0-7695-2106-1/04 $ 20.00 © 2004Google Scholar
- 12.Content-Based Routing with On-Demand Multicast” Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW 2004). IEEE (2004) 0-7695-2087-1/04 $20.00 © 2004Google Scholar