Analysis of the ANITA-1 data demonstrated the instrument was sensitive to UHECRs . Unfortunately the optimisation of ANITA-2’s trigger to UHE neutrinos, which involved running on VPOL signals only, was severely detrimental to ANITA-2’s UHECR acceptance. However, the three remaining HPOL signals after all analysis cuts suggest that there may still be UHECR signals in the ANITA-2 data.
KeywordsRadio Emission Magnetic Field Orientation Antenna Response Spectral Emission Measurement Average Electric Field Strength
- 1.The ANITA Collaboration, S. Hoover et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 151101 (2010), [astro-ph/1005.0035]Google Scholar
- 2.S. McLean et al., NOAA Technical Report NESDIS/NGDC-1 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.P. Miocinovic, ANITA internal note, 2006Google Scholar
- 4.The ANITA Collaboration, P.W. Gorham et al., Phys. Rev. D82, 022004 (2010), [astro-ph/1003.2961]Google Scholar
- 5.M. Véron-Cetty, P. Véron, Astron. Astrophys. 518, A10+ (2010)Google Scholar