A Look-Down Model with Selection
The goal of this paper is to study a new version of the look-down construction with selection. We show (see Theorem 1.2) convergence in probability, locally uniformly in t, as the population size N tends to infinity, towards the Wright–Fisher diffusion with selection.
KeywordsMarkov Process Poisson Process Death Process Type Individual Infinitesimal Generator
This work was partially supported by the ANR MANEGE (contract ANR-09-BLANC-0215-03). The authors wish to thank an anonymous referee, whose excellent and very detailed report permitted us to correct two errors and some imprecisions in an earlier version of this paper.
- 1.Aldous, D.: Exchangeability and related topics. In: Ecole d’été St Flour 1983. Lectures Notes in Math., vol. 1117, pp. 1–198 (1985)Google Scholar
- 2.Billingsley, P.: Convergence of Probability Measures, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Donnelly, P., Kurtz, T.G.: A countable representation of the Fleming Viot measure-valued diffusion. Ann. Probab. 24, 698–742 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Donnelly, P., Kurtz, T.G.: Genealogical processes for Fleming-Viot models with selection and recombination. Ann. Appl. Probab. 9, 1091–1148 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Donnelly, P., Kurtz, T.G.: Particle representations for measure-valued population models. Ann. Probab. 27, 166–205 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Pardoux, É., Salamat, M.: On the height and length of the ancestral recombination graph. J. Appl. Prob. 46, 669–689 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Wakolbinger, A.: Lectures at the Evolutionary Biology and Probabilistic Models. Summer School ANR MAEV, La Londe Les Maures (2008, unpublished)Google Scholar