A Compromise Decision-Making Model to Recover Emergency Logistics Network
Quick recovery of emergency service facilities (ESFs) in the aftermath of large-scale disasters has emerged as a hot topic in the field of emergency logistics. This paper focuses on the ESFs recovery problem under the constraints of scare emergency resource and recovery time. In this study, a compromise programming model is proposed as an integrated decision support tool to obtain an optimal compromise solution with regard to two objectives: minimize the consumption of recovery resources and maximize the resilience capacity through selecting different recovery strategies. Then a genetic algorithm is proposed to solve the developed mathematical model, and a numerical example is followed to illustrate the effectiveness and usefulness of proposed model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhao, L.D., Jiang, Y.P.: A replenishment model for emergency rescue systems. In: Proc. of The Third International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Berkes, F., Colding, J.F., Folke, C.: Navigating social-ecological systems: building resilience for complexity and change. Cambridge University Press, UK (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Zobel, C.W., Khansa, L.: Characterizing multi-event disaster resilience. Comput. Oper. Res. (2011) (in press)Google Scholar
- 8.Nojima, N., Ishikawa, Y., Okumura, T., Sugito, M.: Empirical estimation of lifeline outage time in seismic disaster. In: Proc. of U.S.—Japan Joint Workshop and Third Grantee Meeting, U.S.—Japan Cooperative Research on Urban Earthquake Disaster Mitigation, Seattle, WA, USA, pp. 516–517 (August 2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Chang, S.E., Rose, A., Shinozuka, M., Svekla, W., Tierney, K.J.: Modeling earthquake impact on urban lifeline systems: advances and integration. In: Research Progress and Accomplishments 1999-2000, MCEER (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Sheffi, Y.: Building a resilient supply chain. Harvard Business Review 1(8), 1–4 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Zelelny, M.: Compromise programming. In: Cochrane, J.L., Zeleny, M. (eds.) Multiple-Criteria Decision Making, pp. 262–301. University of South Carolina Press, Columbia (1973)Google Scholar
- 18.Vose, M.D.: Modelling simple genetic algorithm. In: Foundations of Genetic Algorithms II, pp. 63–73. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers (1993)Google Scholar