Proposal of an Automatic Composition Method of Piano Works for Novices Based on an Analysis of Study Items in Early Stages of Piano Education
This paper proposes an automatic composition method of piano works for novices. Because, there is a shortage of piano works suitable for various learning stages in existing textbooks. At first, this study analyzed and systematized the study items in the learning process of the textbooks. This study also confirmed that the study items are adequate to represent the learning stage of each piano works in the textbooks. This study then defined the restrictions on the piano works for novices according to learning stages. Finally, this study proposes the automatic composition method based on the learning stages and their restrictions. This paper describes these learning items, their restrictions, and the proposed method. Additionally, this paper shows an example of piano works composed with the proposed method.
KeywordsPiano works novices learning stages study items automatic composition method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akutagawa, Y.: Ongaku no Kiso (Fundamentals of music). Iwanami Shoten (1971) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Beyer, F.: Vorschule im Klavierspiel Op.101: for Piano. Zen-On (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Kitamura, T., Miura, M.: Constructing a support system for self-learning playing the piano at the beginning stage. In: Proc. International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition, ICMPC 2006, pp. 258–262 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.McCormack, J.: Grammar Based Music Composition. In: Complex Systems: From Local Interactions to Global Phenomena, pp. 320–336. IOS Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Tamaru, N.: Piano Dream 1–6. Gakushu Kenkyu Sha (1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Velde, E.V.D.: Methode Rose Par Ernest Van De Velde. Ongaku No Tomo Sha Corp. (1950)Google Scholar
- 7.Yoshida, K., Muraki, M., Emura, N., Miura, M., Yanagida, M.: Generating appropriate exercises like hanon for practicing the piano. Technical report of musical acoustics, Acoustical Society of Japan, MA2008-52, pp. 51–56 (2008) (in Japanese)Google Scholar