Extraction of Vocational Aptitude from Operation Logs in Virtual Space
Though vocational aptitude tests have been conducted, it sometimes judge people do not have aptitude for their desired jobs, because of weak points. If they know their weak points in early age such as elementary school ages, they may be able to overcome the points. It would extend their range of job choices. However, elementary school children cannot take most of tests because of loaf of knowledge. In this paper, we propose a method to evaluate vocational aptitudes for elementary school children quantitatively. In this method, we extract aptitude value, applying evaluation expression on operation logs. Specific evaluation expression is provided for every aptitude. We implemented aptitude test system assuming an example of the home-delivery service job experience. We have applied the system to 15 people.We have evaluated with correlation coefficient between extracted values and the result of CPS-J,Which is one of widely used vocational aptitude tests. From the result, we have found that some aptitudes should be calculated in early set while others can be derived from any set in repeated job experiences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A Student Site for ACT Test Takers, http://www.actstudent.org/index.html (cited November 29, 2011)
- 2.Free Sample of Vocational Aptitude Test, http://www.personality-and-aptitude-career-tests.com/vocational-aptitude-test.html (cited November 29, 2011)
- 3.CPS-J, http://www.nipponmanpower.co.jp/ps/think/cpsj/ (cited November 29, 2011) (in Japanese)
- 4.Holland, J.L.: Making vocational choices: A theory of vocational personalities and work environments, 3rd edn. Psychological Assessment Resources (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Ogawa, K.: Application of role model based e-portfolio system to career design support. In: Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008, pp. 3052–3057 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Bhavani, B., Sheshadri, S., Unnikrishnan, R.: Vocational education technology: rural India. In: A2CWiC 2010 Proceedings of the 1st Amrita ACM-W Celebration on Women in Computing in India (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Ueda, K., Endo, M., Suzuki, H.: Task decomposition: Why do some novice users have difficulties in manipulating the user-interface of daily electronic appliances. In: Harris, D., Duffy, V., Smith, M., Stephanidis, C. (eds.) Human-Centred Computing: Cognitive, Social and Ergonomic Aspects, pp. 345–349. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Saito, K.: Study on systematic instruction to bring up power to think about mathematically (2009) (in Japanese), http://www.fuku-c.ed.jp/center/houkokusyo/h21/h21sansuuchoken.pdf (cited November 29, 2011)
- 10.ACTFL Certified Proficiency Testing Programs (oral and written), http://www.actfl.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3642 (cited November 29, 2011)
- 11.Yasufuku, K., Abe, H., Yoshida, K.: Development of Architectural Visualization Ability Test Using Real-Time CG. In: Proceedings of 7th. Japan-China Joint Conference on Graphics Education, pp. 44–49 (2005)Google Scholar