Construction of Content Recording and Delivery System for Intercollegiate Distance Lecture in a University Consortium
In offering intercollegiate distance lectures, problems arose from different timetables of each university in a university consortium. To address the problem, we aimed to construct a content recording and delivery system based on the distance learning system to accommodate students who could not attend the lectures. As a result of combining various systems, students were able to attend the lectures in real time or content delivery with VOD depending on the university. In addition, we suggest the possibility of encouraging students to view the lecture again.
Keywordsdistance lecture e-learning consortium system development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Morishita, T., Niimura, M.: Quantitative Evaluation of an Intercollegiate Distance Learning System. In: Proc. of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthaccomodate, and Higher Education 2009, pp. 3563–3568 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Morishita, T., Chino, K., Suzuki, H., Nagai, K., Niimura, M., Yabe, M.: Practice of K3 Salon with Intercollegiate Distance Learning System in the Consortium of Higher Education in Shinshu. Journal for Academic Computing and Networking 14, 105–116 (2010) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Sakurada, T., Hagiwara, Y.: Deployment of HD Videoconference System for Remote Lectures at 18 National Universities. IEICE Technical Report, IA2008-82 108(460), 91–95 (2009) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Morikawa, H., Ruangrassamee, A., Chen, H.: A Practice of International Distance Lecture through the Internet. Geotechnical Engineering Magazine, JGS Ser. No. 610 56(11), 34–35 (2008) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.Terao, Y.: On Distance Education of Universities using SCS and its Evaluation. The Journal of School Education 14, 179–184 (2002) (in Japanese)Google Scholar