OntoRevision: A Plug-in System for Ontology Revision in Protégé
Ontologies have been widely used in advanced information systems. However, it has been a challenging issue in ontology engineering to efficiently revise ontologies as new information becomes available. A novel method of revising ontologies has been proposed recently by Wang et al. However, related algorithms have not been implemented yet. In this article we describe an implementation of these algorithms called OntoRevision and report some experimental results. Our system is a plug-in for revising general ontologies in Protégé and thus can be used by Protégé users to revise ontologies automatically.
KeywordsDescription Logic Atomic Concept Ontology Engineering Concept Inclusion Advanced Information System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Artale, A., Calvanese, D., Kontchakov, R., Zakharyaschev, M.: DL-Lite in the light of first-order logic. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2007), pp. 361–366 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Dean, M., Connolly, D., van Harmelen, F., Hendler, J., Horrocks, I., McGuinness, D., Patel-Schneider, P., Stein, L.: Owl web ontology language reference (February 10, 2004) 3C Recommendation, http://www.w3.org/tr/2004/rec-owl-ref-20040210/
- 4.De Giacomo, G., Lenzerini, M., Poggi, A., Rosati, R.: On the approximation of instance level update and erasure in description logics. In: Proceedings of the 22th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2007), pp. 403–408 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Kontchakov, R., Wolter, F., Zakharyaschev, M.: Can you tell the difference between DL-Lite ontologies? In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR 2008), pp. 285–295. AAAI Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, Z., Wang, K., Topor, R.W.: A new approach to knowledge base revision in dl-lite. In: Proc. of 24th AAAI, pp. 369–374 (2010)Google Scholar