Using a Hybrid MCDM Model Combining Fuzzy DEMATEL Technique to Examine the Job Stress of Coach Driver
In the competitive travel-transport field of coach tourism, coach drivers are far more commercially sensitive and susceptible to job stress than common bus drivers or professional drivers. However, few studies have discussed this issue or proposed strategies for alleviating job stress for coach drivers. The purpose of this study is to address the problem of job stress, using fuzzy MCDM (multiple criteria decision making) to examine the relationships between the various aspects of coach driver job stress and, ultimately, to suggest an optimal improvement plan according to the network relationship map (NRM).
KeywordsCorporate Social Responsibility Program Professional Driver Fuzzy MCDM Fuzzy DEMATEL Unpublished Master Thesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bartlett, D.: Stress: perspectives and processes. Open University Press, UK (1998)Google Scholar
- Brief, A.P., Schuler, R.S., Van’sell, M.: Managing job stress. Little Brown, (1981); as cited in Umstot, Boston, D.D.: Understanding organizational behavior, 2 edn. West Publishing Company, St.Paul (1988)Google Scholar
- China Times Coach driver has got 50% salary (August 12, 2011), http://news.chinatimes.com/focus/50109356/112011081200523.html (retrieved on August 15, 2011)
- Enoch, Y.: Contents of tour packages. A Cross-Cultural Comparison. Annals of Tourism Management 23(3), 599–616 (1996)Google Scholar
- Fontela, E., Gabus, A.: The DEMATEL Observer, DEMATEL 1976 Report. Battelle Geneva Research Center, Switzerland (1976)Google Scholar
- Huang, C.K.: The job stress of tourist bus driver: using DEMATEL model. Unpublished master thesis, Institute of Tourism and Leisure Management. Chinese Culture University, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- Kao, H.T., Hsieh, H.S., Chen, C.H.: The study on the relationship between driving safety perception and aberrant driving behavior for tourist bus drivers. Journal of Taiwan Hospitality & Tourism, Special Issue of Asia Tourism Forum Proceeding, 133–144 (July 2010)Google Scholar
- Lee, F.L.: A study in the safety management of the “License Leasing Practice” of the tour buses, unpublished master thesis, Graduate Institute of Traffic and Transportation Engineering and Management, Feng-Chia? University, Taiwan (2009)Google Scholar
- Lee, W.S., Tzeng, G.H., Cheng, C.M.: Using novel MCDM methods based on Fama–French three-factor model for probing the stock selection. Paper presented at the 10th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference, APIEMS, December 14-16, pp. 1460–1474 (2009)Google Scholar
- Opricovic, S.: Multicriteria optimization of civil engineering systems. Bel-grade: Faculty of Civil Engineering (1998)Google Scholar
- Ou Yang, Y.P., Shieh, H.M., Leu, J.D., Tzeng, G.H.: A novel hybrid MCDM model combined with DEMATEL and ANP with applications. International Journal of Operations Research 5(3), 160–168 (2008)Google Scholar
- Wang, S.H.: Coach diver job stress and aberrant driving behavior. Unpublished master thesis, Institute of Tourism and Leisure Management. Chinese Culture University, Taiwan (2011)Google Scholar