Blending Functions for Hermite Interpolation by Beta-Function B-Splines on Triangulations
In the present paper we compute for the first time Beta-function B-splines (BFBS) achieving Hermite interpolation up to third partial derivatives at the vertices of the triangulation. We consider examples of BFBS with uniform and variable order of the Hermite interpolation at the vertices of the triangulation, for possibly non-convex star-1 neighbourhoods of these vertices. We also discuss the conversion of the local functions from Taylor monomial bases to appropriately shifted and scaled Bernstein bases, thereby converting the Hermite interpolatory form of the linear combination of BFBS to a new, Bezier-type, form. This conversion is fully parallelized with respect to the vertices of the triangulation and, for Hermite interpolation of uniform order, the load of the computations for each vertex of the computation is readily balanced.
KeywordsLagrange Interpolation Hermite Interpolation Taylor Polynomial Triangular Patch Uniform Order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dechevsky, L.T.: Generalized Expo-Rational B-Splines. In: Communication at the Seventh International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces, Tønsbeg, Norway (2008) (unpublished)Google Scholar
- 3.Dechevsky, L.T.: Expo-Rational B-Splines. In: Communication at the Fifth International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces, Tromsø, Norway (2004) (unpublished)Google Scholar
- 7.Lakså, A., Bang, B., Dechevsky, L.T.: Exploring Expo-Rational B-splines for Curves and Surfces. In: Dæhlen, M., Mørken, K., Schumaker, L. (eds.) Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces, pp. 253–262. Nashboro Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Dechevsky, L.T., Lakså, A., Bang, B.: NUERBS form of Expo-Rational B-splines. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 32(1), 11–332 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Lakså, A.: Basic properties of Expo-Rational B-splines and practical use in Computer Aided Geometric Design, Doctor Philos. Dissertation at Oslo University, Unipub, Oslo, 606 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Dechevsky, L.T., Quak, E., Lakså, A., Kristoffersen, A.R.: Expo-rational spline multiwavelets: a first overview of definitions, properties, generalizations and applications. In: Truchetet, F., Laligant, O. (eds.) Wavelet Applications in Industrial Processing V, SPIE Conference Proceedings, vol. 6763, article 676308 (2007)Google Scholar