Coinductive Constraint Logic Programming
Constraint logic programming (CLP) has been proposed as a declarative paradigm for merging constraint solving and logic programming. Recently, coinductive logic programming has been proposed as a powerful extension of logic programming for handling (rational) infinite objects and reasoning about their properties. Coinductive logic programming does not include constraints while CLP’s declarative semantics is given in terms of a least fixed-point (i.e., it is inductive) and cannot directly support reasoning about (rational) infinite objects and their properties. In this paper we combine constraint logic programming and coinduction to obtain co-constraint logic programming (co-CLP for brevity). We present the declarative semantics of co-CLP in terms of a greatest fixed-point and its operational semantics based on the coinductive hypothesis rule. We prove the equivalence of these two semantics for programs with rational terms.
KeywordsLogic Program Logic Programming Function Symbol Operational Semantic Constraint Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Colmerauer, A.: Prolog and infinite trees. In: Clark, K.L., Tärnlund, S.-A. (eds.) Logic Programming, pp. 231–251. Academic Press, London (1982)Google Scholar
- 4.Gupta, R.: Programming models and methods for spatiotemporal actions and reasoning in cyber-physical systems. In: NSF Workshop on CPS (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Heitmeyer, C.L., Lynch, N.A.: The generalized railroad crossing: A case study in formal verification of real-time systems. In: IEEE RTSS, pp. 120–131 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, E.A.: Cyber-physical systems: Design challenges. In: ISORC (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Lloyd, J.W.: Foundations of logic programming, 2nd extended edn. Springer, Berlin (1987)Google Scholar
- 10.Saeedloei, N.: Modeling and Verification of Real-Time and Cyber-Physical Systems. PhD thesis, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Simon, L.: Coinductive Logic Programming. PhD thesis, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas (2006)Google Scholar