Model Based Architecting and Construction of Embedded Systems (ACES-MB 2011)
The fourth ACES-MB workshop brought together researchers and practitioners interested in model-based software engineering for real-time embedded systems, with a particular focus on the use of models for architecture description and domain-specific design, and for capturing non-functional constraints. Six presenters proposed contributions on a systematic transition from systems modeling using SysML to software modeling using UML, verification of initial architecture models against requirements using consistency checking techniques, techniques to check the validity of refinement relation between abstraction levels, constructing rapid prototypes to assess the behavioral design characteristics, new abstraction layers to describe operating system and mixed-signal issues, and a model-driven approach for parallelizing software programs. In addition, a lively group discussion tackled these issues in further detail. This report presents an overview of the presentations and fruitful discussions that took place during the ACES-MB 2011 workshop.
KeywordsAbstract Syntax Concrete Syntax Abstraction Layer CEUR Workshop Proceeding System Product Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Van Baelen, S., Gérard, S., Ober, I., Weigert, T., Espinoza, H., Ober, I. (eds.): Fourth International Workshop on Model Based Architecting and Construction of Embedded Systems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 795. CEUR, Aachen (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Gomaa, H.: Towards integrated system and software modeling for embedded systems. In: , pp. 9–22Google Scholar
- 3.Slomka, F., Kollmann, S., Moser, S., Kempf, K.: A multidisciplinary design methodology for cyber-physical systems. In: , pp. 23–37Google Scholar
- 4.Sackmann, M., Ebraert, P., Janssens, D.: A model-driven approach for software parallelization. In: , pp. 39–53Google Scholar
- 5.Weber, R., Gezgin, T., Girod, M.: A refinement checking technique for contract-based architecture designs. In: , pp. 55–69Google Scholar
- 6.Adler, N., Graff, P., Müller-Glaser, K.D.: Model-based consistency checks of electric and electronic architectures against requirements. In: , pp. 71–83Google Scholar
- 7.Pettit IV, R.G., Gomaa, H., Fant, J.S.: Modeling and prototyping of real-time embedded software architectural designs with colored petri nets. In: , 85–98Google Scholar