Adaptive Initialization of a EvKNN Classification Algorithm
The establishment of the learning data base is a long and tedious task that must be carried out before starting the classification process. An Evidential KNN (EvKNN) has been developed in order to help the user, which proposes the “best” samples to label according to a strategy. However, at the beginning of this task, the classes are not clearly defined and are represented by a number of labeled samples smaller than the k required samples for EvKNN. In this paper, we propose to take into account the available information on the classes using an adapted evidential model. The algorithm presented in this paper has been tested on the classification of an image collection.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goëau, H., Rombaut, M., Pellerin, D., Buisson, O.: Multi-labeled image classification by TBM active learning. In: Workshop on the Theory of Belief Function, April 1-2, Brest (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Denœux, T.: A k-nearest neighbor classification rule based on dempster-shafer theory. IEEE Trans. on SMC, 804–813 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Qi, G.-J., Hua, X.-S., Rui, Y., Tang, J., Zhang, H.-J.: Two-dimensional multi-label active learning with an efficient online adaptation model for image classification. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 99(1) (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Goëau, H.: Structuration de collections d’images par apprentissage actif crédibiliste, PhD, Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France (May 2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Crucianu, M., Ferecatu, M., Boujemaa, N.: Relevance feedback for image retrieval: a short survey. Report of the DELOS2 European Network of Excellence (FP6) (2004), citeseer.ist.psu.edu/crucianu04relevance.html
- 7.Brinker, K.: Incorporating diversity in active learning with support vector machines. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 59–66. AAAI Press (2003)Google Scholar