Instantaneous Amplitude Spectrum Whitening for Deep Part Coal Resource Seismic Exploration
Exploration and development of the deep part coal resource have important strategic meanings for the safety of Chinese energy. However, seismic data of deep part coal suffering from the decline of resolution. To overcome this problem, we propose a method to improve resolution of seismic data by HHT and spectrum whitening with instantaneous amplitudes of seismic signals. Compared with conventional algorithm, our method enhances every point of a seismic signal according to its instantaneous amplitude. The application results of the real data show our method could broaden bandwidths of seismic data and make strata in deep part more distinct and continuous.
KeywordsDeep part coal resource resolution improvement spectrum whiten instantaneous amplitude
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hou, S., Chen, J., Zhu, Y.: Pondering on Some Issues in Deep Part Coal Resource Geological Exploration. Coal Geology of China 22, 10–13 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, Z.: Application of Seismic Prospecting Technology in Deep Part Coal Looking. Coal Geology of China 20, 67–68Google Scholar
- 3.Ju, Y., Wei, M., Hou, Q.: The Tectonic Differentiation of the Coal Basins and the Emplacement Models of the Deep Coal in North China. Journal of China Coal Society 35, 1501–1505 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, G., Zhang, H., Xu, N.: Coalpillar Stability of Deep and High Seam Strip-partial Mining. Journal of China Coal Society 33, 1086–1091 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Fan, X., Zeng, H., Liu, Y.: Time-Space Variant Spectrum Whitening of Seimic Data. Oil Geophysical Prospecting 30, 550–556 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Batista, B.M., Knapp, C., Mcgee, T.: Application of the Empirical Mode Decomposition and Hilbert-Huang Transform to Seismic Reflection Data 72(2), H29–H37 (2007) Google Scholar