Influence on Exciting Propeller Thrust Due to Interaction between Sail and Sail-Rudders
The main purpose of this paper is to verify whether sail-rudders cause exciting propeller thrust increase. Two submarine models, one has a sail, the other has both a sail and a pair of sail-rudders, are numerically simulated. Numerical computations of these models are executed based on realizable k-epsilon model. The results show that the model with sail-rudders has a less exciting propeller force at blade passing frequency. And sail-rudders could reduce exciting propeller forces of submarine.
KeywordsCFD Propeller Exciting Thrust
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jin, X.D., Zhao, D.Y.: Structure Vibration in Ships. Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, China (2000) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, G.Q., Hu, S.G.: Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University 23(3), 47 (1989) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, G.Q., Liu, X.L.: Journal of Ship Mechanics 10(1), 36 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, X.L., Wang, G.Q.: Journal of Ship Mechanics 10(2), 30 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, L.D.: ACTA Aerodynamica Sinica 16(1), 123 (1998) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, F.J.: Analysis of Computational Fluid Dynamics. Tsinghua University Press, China (2004) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Fluent Inc. Fluent User’s Guide. Fluent Inc. (2006)Google Scholar