The Application of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Technology in Wood Adhesives
In recent years, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) technology emerges from wood adhesive bonding surface and interface research and analysis, and becomes an important analytical tool in wood adhesive research area. In order to deep the understanding of XPS technology and expand its application in the field of adhesive application, this paper describes the basic working principles and the basic functions of XPS and the results integrate with examples in adhesive research area and thus to illustrate the application status of XPS in the area of adhesive researches, especially in the surface and interface researches. XPS will improve the cementation strength of adhesive and the quality of cementations materials and extend its service life.
KeywordsWood adhesives XPS technology surface chemical structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, Y., Gu, J., Di, M., Tan, H.: Investigation on Mechanical Properties and XPS Testing of Biomass-based Particleboards. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Test and Measurement, vol. 4, pp. 2230–2233 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Watts, J.F., Abel, M.-L., Perruchot, C., et al.: Segregation and crosslinking in urea formaldehyde/epoxy resins: a study by high-resolution XPS, vol. 121, pp. 234–247 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Baer, D.R., Engelhard, M.H.: XPS analysis of nanostructured materials and biological surfaces. Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena (178-179), 415–432 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, Z.L., Liu, J.: Progress of new techniques in modern X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS). Modern Instruments (1), 50–53 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Gu, J.Y.: Adhesives and Paints. China Forestry Publishing House, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Lu, J.H., Chen, C.Y.: Surface Analysis Techniques. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (1988)Google Scholar