Study on Topography Differentiation Characteristics of Spatial Distribution and Dynamic Change of Bamboo Forest
In order to grasp the spatial and dynamic changes of mountain bamboo resources, this study uses the 2007 forestry investigation sub-compartment diagram of Shuncang, Fujian province, two-period TM images, DEM and other data in 1998 and 2007 to extract information of bamboo forest through Remote sensing and Geographic Information technology, create spatial distribution map of bamboo forest and make overlay analysis of it with topographic factors grade map, so as to research the topography differentiation characteristics of spatial distribution and dynamic change of bamboo forest. The results show that the bamboo forest in Shuncang is mainly distributed in the semi-sunny slope and semi-cloudy slope with where are at an elevation of 1200m below with a slope of 25 degrees below, the mountain bamboo forest at the elevation of 1200m below accounts for 99.89% of the total bamboo forest area, the proportion of bamboo forest with a slope of 25 degrees below is90.39%, while the proportion of bamboo forest with a slope of 35 above is less than 3%; the proportion of bamboo forest in semi-sunny slope and semi-cloudy slope is 56.98%; for almost 20 years, the bamboo forest resources in this county are improving rapidly, increase, decrease and unchange, this three kinds of variation types trend to increase firstly and then decrease with the changes of slope direction and aspect, while with the increase of elevation, the types of increase and unchange trend to increase firstly and then decrease, the decrease type is decreasing gradually.
KeywordsBamboo forest Remot sensing Geographic Information dynamic variation topographic impact
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jang, Z.: Bamboo and Rattan in the World. Liaoning Science and Technology Press, Liaoning (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, X.: Development Status on Bamboo Industry in Nanping Prefecture, Fujian Province. World Bamboo and Rattan 4(2), 30–32 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, H.: Fujian Bamboo Industry, Embark on A New Journey—Review and Perspective of "The Tenth Five-Year" Bamboo Industry Development in Fujian. China Forestry Industry, 36–37 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, L.-X.: The Advice on Quicken The Development of Bamboo Industry More in Fujian Province. Wuyi Science Journal 22, 284–287 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, C., Tang, X.: Bases and Prospects of Bamboo Development in Fujian. Journal of Bamboo Research 21(3), 13–20 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Z., Mao, Y., Xie, Z.: Study on the Productivity Maintenance of Bamboo and Broad-leave Tree Mixed Stands. Journal of Bamboo Research 22(1), 32–37 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Xie, J.: Establish Ecological Bamboo Forest to Improve Comprehensive Benefit. China Forestry Science and Technology 17(suppl.), 61–63 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, K., Liu, J., Xu, Z.: Study on Bamboo Resources Thematic Information Extraction in the South of China. Remote Sensing Technology and Application 24(4), 449–455 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, G.: Study on Remotely Sensed Information Extraction of Chief Species in Southern Mountain Forest. Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University (2009)Google Scholar