Research on the Vulnerability of Coastal Zone System Development
Economy advanced and populous coastal zones employed large amounts of resources and polluted external environment. Therefore, economic and social system of these zones exhibits vulnerability and sustainable development is profoundly affected. Even the system may breaks down. This article discusses the cause for the vulnerability of coastal zone and establishes its evaluation system on the basis of analysis on coastal zone development. Analytic hierarchy process, method of calculating vulnerability and method of gray prediction are used to evaluate bearing capacity, recuperability, susceptibility and stability exerted by coastal zones in the course of time.
KeywordsCoastal Zone Vulnerability Index System Evaluation System Fragility Degree Gray MGM (1, n) Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jiang, T., Wang, Z.: Research on Sustainable Development of Marine Economy along Bohai Rim. Maritime Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Gao, J.: Exploration on Sustainable Development Theory. China Environmental Science Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, S., Guo, T.: Gray System Theory and its Applications. Science Press, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Yun, C., Jiang, X.: Coastal Sustainable Development and Integrated Management. Maritime Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Y., Li, X.: Fragile Ecological Environment and Sustainable Development. The Commercial Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao, Y., Zhang, L.: Method Study on Quantitative Evaluation of Fragile Ecological Environment. Scientia Geographica Sinica, 73–80 (May 1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Ran, S., Jin, J.: Evaluation Theory and Method on Fragile Ecological Zone. Journal of Natural Resources, 117–123 (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, B., Xu, S., Bo, G.: Prediction of City Water Supply Quantity with Gray-Neural Networks Combine Model. China Water & Wastewater 18(2), 66–68Google Scholar