Interpretation of the Symbol of Ancient Chinese Pottery
The invention and use of pottery have facilitated and consolidated the settlement of human life and expanded the meaning of the agricultural production to progress of human society. The pottery is not the language and text, but it is the physical legacy of a bygone era and the fossil of human life from the passing era in another sense. This article is trying to analyze the class and decorative patterns of the ancient Chinese pottery from the perspective of the semiotic cognitive view, in order to find his semiotic meaning.
Keywordspottery semiotics signifier signified
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wu, R., Xin, A.: History of Chinese Pottery and Porcelain. Tuanjie Press (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Chinese Ceramic Society (ed.): History of Chinese Pottery and Porcelain. Wenwu Press (September 1982)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, R.: Ceramic Technology. Chemical IndustryPress (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Echo (Italian), Wang, T. (trans): Semiotics and Philosphy of Language. Baihua Literature and Press (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, H.: Design Semiotics. Tsinghua University Press (July 2008)Google Scholar