Evolutionary and Meta-evolutionary Approach for the Optimization of Chaos Control
This paper deals with the optimization of control of Hénon Map, which is a discrete chaotic system. This paper introduces and compares evolutionary approach representing tuning of parameters for an existing control method, as well as meta-evolutionary approach representing synthesis of whole control law by means of Analytic Programming (AP). These two approaches are used for the purpose of stabilization of the stable state and higher periodic orbits, which stand for oscillations between several values of chaotic system. For experimentation, Self-Organizing Migrating Algorithm (SOMA) and Differential Evolution (DE) were used.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Chaotic System Evolutionary Approach Chaos Control Unstable Periodic Orbit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Just, W.: Principles of Time Delayed Feedback Control. In: Schuster, H.G. (ed.) Handbook of Chaos Control. Wiley-Vch (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Senkerik, R., Oplatkova, Z., Zelinka, I., Davendra, D.: Synthesis of feedback controller for three selected chaotic systems by means of evolutionary techniques: Analytic programming. Mathematical and Computer Modelling (2011), doi:10.1016/j.mcm.2011.05.030Google Scholar
- 8.Zelinka, I., Oplatkova, Z., Nolle, L.: Boolean Symmetry Function Synthesis by Means of Arbitrary Evolutionary Algorithms-Comparative Study. International Journal of Simulation Systems, Science and Technology 6, 44–56 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Zelinka, I.: SOMA – Self Organizing Migrating Algorithm. In: Babu, B., Onwubolu, G. (eds.) New Optimization Techniques in Engineering, ch. 7, p. 33. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Zelinka I.: SOMA homepage, http://www.fai.utb.cz/people/zelinka/soma/ (accessed September 22, 2011)
- 11.Price, K., Storn, R., Lampinen, J.: Differential Evolution: A Practical Approach to Global Optimization. Natural Computing Series. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Price K, Storn R.: Differential evolution homepage, http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~storn/code.html (accessed September 22, 2011)