The stable set polytope of claw-free graphs with stability number greater than three
In 1965 Edmonds gave the first complete polyhedral description for a combinatorial optimization problem: the Matching polytope. Many researchers tried to generalize his result by considering the Stable Set polytope of claw-free graphs. However this is still an open problem. Here we solve it for the class of claw-free graphs with stability number greater than 3 and without 1-joins.
KeywordsLine Graph Stability Number Linear Description Clique Inequality Striped Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Chv´atal. On certain polytopes associated with graphs. J. Comb. Th. B, 18:138–154, 1975.Google Scholar
- 6.— Gear composition of stable set polytopes and G -perfection. Mathematics of Operations Research, 34:813–836, 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.— 2-clique-bond of stable set polyhedra. Tech. Rep. 09-10, IASI - CNR, 2009. Submitted.Google Scholar
- 8.— The stable set polytope of claw-free graphs with large stability number I: Fuzzy antihat graphs are W -perfect. Tech. Rep. 10-06, IASI - CNR, 2010. Submitted.Google Scholar
- 9.— The stable set polytope of claw-free graphs with large stability number II: Striped graphs are G -perfect. Tech. Rep. 10-07, IASI - CNR, 2010. Submitted.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Pˆecher, P. Pesneau, and A. Wagler. On facets of stable set polytope of claw-free graphs with maximum stable set size three. Elec. Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 28:185–190, 2006.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Schrijver. Combinatorial optimization. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2003.Google Scholar
- 15.B. Shepherd. Near-perfect matrices. Mathematical Programming, 64:295–323, 1994.Google Scholar
- 16.G. Stauffer. On the stable set polytope of claw-free graphs. PhD thesis, EPF Lausanne, 2005.Google Scholar