An IP approach to toll enforcement optimization on German motorways
This paper proposes the first model for toll enforcement optimization on German motorways. The enforcement is done by mobile control teams and our goal is to produce a schedule achieving network-wide control, proportional to spatial and time-dependent traffic distributions. Our model consists of two parts. The first plans control tours using a vehicle routing approach with profits and some side constraints. The second plans feasible rosters for the control teams. Both problems can be modeled as Multi-Commodity Flow Problems. Adding additional coupling constraints produces a large-scale integrated integer programming formulation. We show that this model can be solved to optimality for real world instances associated with a control area in East Germany.
KeywordsVehicle Route Problem Control Path Crew Roster Duty Schedule Control Tour
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.G. ALLINGHAM AND A. SANDMO (2006) Income Tax Evasion: A Theoretical Analysis. Intl. Library of Crit. Writings in Economics Vol 195 No. 3 2006. Edward Elgar Publ. Ltd.Google Scholar
- 2.C. BOYD AND C. MARTINI AND J. RICKARD AND A. RUSSELL (1989). Fare Evasion and Non-Compliance: A Simple Model. Journal of Transport Economics and Policy. London School of Economics and Political Science and the University of Bath.Google Scholar
- 3.D. FEILLET AND P. DEJAX AND M. GENDREAU (2005) Traveling Salesman Problems with Profits. Transportation Science Vol. 39 No. 2 2005. Informs.Google Scholar
- 4.T. KOCH AND T. ACHTERBERG AND E. ANDERSEN AND O. BASTERT AND T. BERTHOLD AND R. E. BIXBY AND E. DANNA AND G. GAMRATH AND A. M. GLEIXNER AND S. HEINZ AND A. LODI AND H. MITTELMANN AND T. RALPHS AND D. SALVAGNIN AND D. E. STEFFY AND K. WOLTER (2011) MIPLIB 2010. Mathematical Programming Computation Vol. 3 No. 2 2011. Springer.Google Scholar
- 5.P. THORLACIUS AND J. CLAUSEN AND K. BRYGGE (2009). Scheduling of Inspectors for Ticket Spot Checking in Urban Rail Transportation. DSB S-tog. Copenhagen.Google Scholar
- 6.P. TOTH AND D. VIGO (2002) The Vehicle Routing Problem. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- 7.User-Manual CPLEX 12.2 (2010) IBM ILOG CPLEX. IBM Software Group.Google Scholar
- 8.S. WEIDER (2007) Integration of Vehicle and Duty Scheduling in Public Transport. Technische Universität Berlin. Dissertation.Google Scholar