Analysis on Performance Relation Between Time–Frequency Architecture and Positioning Service of a Satellite Navigation System
Performance improvement of time and frequency technology has played a key role in GPS URE accuracy development. The time and frequency elements related to system service performance were analyzed and concluded based on positioning theory and main error sources analysis regarding actual engineering situation, such as system time, clock, time comparison and so on. According to URE performance requirement, the performance analysis architecture about time and frequency indexes were put forward for the first time. Performance relation model between time and frequency indexes and URE clock component and its error estimation formula were studied and build. Simulations were made and reference data about time and frequency indexes and URE were given. The result may be used as technique reference to satellite navigation system research and Chinese Beidou system development.
KeywordsNavigation System Phase Noise Time Comparison Satellite Clock Frequency Index
- 1.Kaplan, E. D. (2007). Principle and application of global position system (2nd ed.). Publishing house of electronics industry.Google Scholar
- 2.Vittorini, L. D., & Collins, R. (1998). Cedar rapids. GPS URE/UE evolutionary improvements and end-user accuracy results. In Position location and navigation symposium, IEEE 1998, Palm Springs, CA, USA, 20–23 April 1998. pp. 403–411.Google Scholar
- 3.Colonel Harold “Stormy” Martin . (2011). GPS status and modernization, http://www.pnt.gov.
- 4.Boeing, W. E., & Boeing, E. W. (1997). Atomic frequency standards for the GPS IIF satellites. 29th annual precise time and time interval (PTTI) meeting, Long Beach, CA, 2–4 December, pp. 201–212.Google Scholar
- 5.China Satellite Navigation System Management Office (2011). Development report of beidou satellite navigation system, http://www.beidou.gov.cn,14, November .