The Unsymmetrical Delay Compensation in WDM Time Transmission Using Optical Fiber
The transmission of optical wave in fiber is analyzed, and the asymmetry of transmission delay which results from phenomena of chromatic dispersion is computed under the condition of density WDM (DWDM) and sparse WDM (SWDM). Then we proposed a scheme of DWDM transmission delay compensation in time transmission using optical fiber. The theoretical calculation shows that when calculated on 50 km transmission range, the time difference when using two waves of wavelength difference of 1 nm is nearly three orders of magnitude less than when using two waves of wavelength of 1550 and 1310 nm.
KeywordsOptical Fiber Time Difference Time Transmission Time Synchronization Chromatic Dispersion
- 1.Czuba, K., Eints, F., et al. (2006). First generation of optical fiber phase reference distribution system for TESLA. CARE-Report-2006-037-SRF: 1–66.Google Scholar
- 2.Lopez, O., Haboucha, A., et al. (2010, 2 August). Cascaded multiplexed optical link on a telecommunication network for frequency dissemination. Optics Express, 18(16).Google Scholar
- 3.Imaoka, A., & Kihara, M. (1997, February). Time signal distribution in communication networks based on synchronous digital hierarchy. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 45(2).Google Scholar
- 4.Tang, L. (1999). The communication of optical fiber (pp. 13–15). Shanghai: Fudan University Press.Google Scholar
- 5.Kihara, M., & Imaoka, A. (1996). System configuration for standardizing SDH-based time and frequency transfer. European Frequency Time Forum, 5–7 March, 1996, Conference Publication No. 418.Google Scholar