Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Local Trinary Patterns Algorithm for Moving Target Detection
In this paper, we present a novel moving target detection called Local Trinary Patterns which is based on Local Binary Patterns algorithm, The standard LBP mainly captures the texture information, and in some circumstances it results in misidentification. The proposed LTP feature, in contrast, captures the gradient information and some texture information. Moreover, the proposed LTP are easy to implement and computationally efficient, which is desirable for real-time applications. Experiments show that this algorithm can significantly improve the detection performance and produce state of the art performance.
Keywordsmoving target detection local binary patterns local trinary patterns texture feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Velisavljević, V.: Directionlets: anisotropic multi-directional representation with separable filtering. Ph.D. Thesis no. 3358, LCAV, School of Computer and Communication Sciences, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Velisavljević, V., Beferull-Lozano, B., Vetterli, M., Dragotti, P.L.: Approximation power of directionlets. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2005), Genova, Italy, vol. 1, pp. I-741–I-744 (September 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, L., Hai, T., Zhang, Y., Luo, C.G.: An infrared and visible image fusion algorithm based on image features. Journal of Rockets and Missiles 29(1), 245–246 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Jiao, L.C., Hou, B., Wang, S., Liu, F.: The theory and application of multi-scale image analyse, pp. 459–464. Publishing House of Xi’an Electronic and Technolony (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Yan, J.W., Qu, X.B.: Analyse and application of super wavelet, pp. 46–60. Publishing House of Defense Industry (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Bai, J., Hou, B., Wang, S., Jiao, L.C.: Noise suppression of SAR image with Gause regional mixed scale model based on lifting DirectionletGoogle Scholar
- 8.Chen, H., Liu, Y.Y.: The research on infrared image fusion based on wavelet transform. Infrared and Laser 1(39), 97–100 (2009)Google Scholar