Design of Optimized Fuzzy PID-Smith Controller on Flow Control in Real-Time Multimedia Communication
The application of VOD has been expanded rapidly with the population of broadband integrated services digital network. But the playback of VOD is not guaranteed because of the jitter of propagation delay. The feedback control mechanism for the real-time multimedia traffic control is discussed. Due to the particularity of real-time multimedia flow model and performance demand, it is difficult for adopting conventional feedback control technology to overcome it. To these questions, on the basis of the control theory scheme of rate-based traffic control, Optimized Fuzzy PID-Smith controller is designed to overcome the adverse effect caused by propagation delay and jitter. The play quality is improved.
Keywordsreal-time multimedia delay and jitter fuzzy PID
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fan, W.-X., Sheng, S.-J., Quan, W.-Z.: Application of control theory to Internet congestion control. Control and Decision 17, 129–134 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, C.-H., Ho, J.-M., Chang, R.-I., Hsu, S.-C.: A control-theoretic method for rate-based flow control of multimedia communication. Technical Report TR-IIS-01-007, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Lei, X., Li, X.-G., Yin, Z.-H.: Simulation study on adaptive fuzzy smith-PID controller based on sugeno inference. Journal of System Simulation 20, 4952–4955 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Y.-F., Yang, G.-X.: Design and research of time optimal fuzzy-PID control algorithm. Electric Machines and Control 8, 366–372 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Tan, W.: Tuning of a modified Smith predictor for processes with time delay. Control Theory and Application 34, 87–92 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, W.-X., Hui, L.-Z.: MATLAB auxiliary fuzzy system design. Xidian University Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Fong, D.-Q., Zhang, X.-P.: Optimization Design integrative Method of Fuzzy Controller Based on MATLAB. Journal of System Simulation 16, 849–852 (2004)Google Scholar