A Novel Adaptive Digital Pre-distortion Method in the UHF RFID System
The linearity of the radio frequency identification (RFID) system has a great effect on its performance and power dissipation. A novel adaptive digital pre-distortion (ADPD) method based on Look Up Table (LUT) is proposed in this paper, which can effectively improve the linearity of the RFID system. With the help of the ADPD method, the harmonic component is eliminated about 40 dB, and the three-order inter-modulation distortion (IMD3) is eliminated about 47 dB. By using the interpolation module, the size of the LUT is reduced to 3% of the full size. The rate of the ADPD method’s convergence is speeded up by 55%, owing to the acceleration module.
KeywordsRFID inter-modulation distortion ADPD LUT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.International Standardization Organization: Information Technology-Radio Frequency Identification for Item Management-Part 6: Parameters for Air Interface Communications at 860-960 MHz. AMENDMENT1: Extension with Type C and update of Type A and B (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Gao, T.B., Wang, J.C., Zhang, C., Li, Y.M., Wang, Z.H.: Design and realization of a portable RFID reader. Appl. Int. Circ. 34(5), 56–58 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, Y.Q., Liu, Z.M., Tan, X., Min, H.: A Memory-Efficient LUT-based AM/AM Digital Predistortor for UHF RFID Reader. In: 8th IEEE International Conference on Asicon 2009, pp. 541–544 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Falconer, D., Kolze, T., Leiba, Y., Liebetreu, J.: Proposed System Impairment Models. IEEE 802.16.1pc-00/15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, T.T.: Research of Pre-distortion of High Power Amplifier. Thesis for Master degree, Tsinghua University (2007) (in Chinese)Google Scholar