A New Approach to Answerer Recommendation in Community Question Answering Services
Community Question Answering (CQA) service which enables users to ask and answer questions have emerged popular on the web. However, lots of questions usually can’t be resolved by appropriate answerers effectively. To address this problem, we present a novel approach to recommend users who are most likely to be able to answer the new question. Differently with previous methods, this approach utilizes the inherent semantic relations among asker-question-answerer simultaneously and perform the Answerer Recommendation task based on tensor factorization. Experimental results on two real-world CQA dataset show that the proposed method is able to recommend appropriate answerers for new questions and outperforms other state-of-the-art approaches.
Keywordsanswerer recommendation tensor factorization community question answering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adamic, L.A., Zhang, J., Bakshy, E., Ackerman, M.S.: Knowledge sharing and yahoo answers: everyone knows something. In: WWW, pp. 665–674. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Cormack, G.V., Clarke, C.L.A., Buttcher, S.: Reciprocal rank fusion outperforms condorcet and individual rank learning methods. In: SIGIR, pp. 758–759. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Guo, J., Xu, S., Bao, S., Yu, Y.: Tapping on the potential of q&a community by recommending answer providers. In: CIKM, pp. 921–930. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Horowitz, D., Kamvar, S.D.: The anatomy of a large-scale social search engine. In: WWW, pp. 431–440. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, B., King, I.: Routing questions to appropriate answerers in community question answering services. In: CIKM, pp. 1585–1588. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Gu, Q., Zhou, J.: Local relevance weighted maximum margin criterion for text classification. In: SDM, pp. 1135–1146 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, X., Croft, W.B., Koll, M.: Finding experts in community-based question-answering services. In: CIKM, pp. 315–316. ACM (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Qu, M., Qiu, G., He, X., Zhang, C., Wu, H., Bu, J., Chen, C.: Probabilistic question recommendation for question answering communities. In: WWW, pp. 1229–1230. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Rendle, S., Balby Marinho, L., Nanopoulos, A., Schmidt-Thieme, L.: Learning optimal ranking with tensor factorization for tag recommendation. In: SIGKDD, pp. 727–736. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhou, Y., Cong, G., Cui, B., Jensen, C.S., Yao, J.: Routing questions to the right users in online communities. In: IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 700–711. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar