Network Securing against Threatening Requests
Networked systems mainly consists of autonomous components conforming to the network protocols. Those concurrent and networked components are potentially to be attacked by malicious users. They have to implement some mechanisms to avoid the possible threatening requests aimed at disrupting or crashing the system, and then provoke some denial of service attack. In this paper, we address this problem. We suggest a method to model this kind of components and we propose a robustness testing approach to evaluate the system security. A new definition of Glued_IOLTS is used to define this kind of system and an algorithm for robustness testing cases generation is given. A case study with the RADIUS protocol is presented.
KeywordsNetwork Secure Robustness Testing Network Protocol Network Component Label Transition System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kone, O., Castanet, R.: Test generation for interworking systems. Computer Communications, 642–652 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Ansay, T.: Compositional testing of communication systems-tools and case studies. Master’s thesis, Concordia University (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Lei, B., Li, X., Liu, Z.: Robustness testing for software components. Science of Computer Programming, 879–897 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Khorchef, S.: Un Cardre Formel pour le Test de Robustesse des Protocols de Communication. PhD thesis, University of Bordeaux 1 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Offutt, A.J., Liu, S., Abdurazik, A.: Geneartion testing data from state-based specification. Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, 25–53 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Lai, R.: A survey of communication protocol testing. The Journal of Systems and Software, 21–46 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Desmoulin, A., Viho, C.: Interoperability test generation: Formal definitions and algorithm. In: ARIMA-Numero Special CARI 2006, pp. 49–63 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Castanet, R., Kone, O., Zarkouna, K.B.: Tests de robustesse. tech. rep., LaBRI, IRIT (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Tretmans, J.: Conformance testing with labelled transition system: Implementation relations and test generation. In: Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, pp. 49–76 (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Rigney, C., Willens, S., Rubens, A.: Remote authentication dial in user service (radius). tech. rep., The Internet Society (2000)Google Scholar