Synchronised Data Logging, Processing and Visualisation Framework for Heterogeneous Sensor Networks
The proposed research work represents a generic concept for the synchronised logging, processing and visualisation of any kind of sensor data. The concept enables a chronological coordination and correlation of information from different, distributed sensor networks as well as from any other self-sufficient measurement systems. Based on the achieved relation between the several sensor sources, the information quality can be increased significantly. Accordingly, the aggregated, heterogeneous sensor information are convertible into multiple output formats. Dependent on the application specific requirements for the visualisation, we are able to consider additional meta-information from the test environment to optimise the data representation.
To evaluate of basic usability requirements and the efficiency of the proposed concept, an automotive sensor network represents a capable test system for the proposed framework. Within the demonstrator, the available on-board measurement systems were extended by high-precision sensor nodes, which establish an synchronised sensor network topology.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Time Stamp Heterogeneous Sensor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National Instruments. LabView (2010), http://www.ni.com/labview/
- 2.AMS GmbH. jBEAM (2010), http://www.jbeam.de/german/produkte/jbeam.html
- 3.Weisang. FlexPro (2010), http://www.weisang.com/
- 4.ASAM Consortium. Association for Standardisation of Automation and Measuring Systems (2010), http://www.asam.net/
- 5.Gupta, V., Pandey, R.: Data Fusion and Topology Control in Wireless Sensor Networks. WSEAS Trans. Sig. Proc. 4(4), 150–172 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Qi, H., Wang, X., Iyengar, S.S., Chakrabarty, K.: Multisensor Data Fusion in Distributed Sensor Networks Using Mobile Agents. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 11–16 (August 2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Vodel, M., Lippmann, M., Caspar, M., Hardt, W.: A Capable, High-Level Scheduling Concept for Application-Specific Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the World Engineering, Science and Technology Congress (ESTCON 2010) - 4th International Symposium on Information Technology (ITSIM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 914–919. IEEE Computer Society (June 2010)Google Scholar