Knowledge Based System for Intelligent Search Engine Optimization
This paper presents a Knowledge-Based System that using heterogeneous inductive learning techniques and domain knowledge representation, has the major aim of supporting the activity of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The system arises from the need to answer the following questions. Is it possible to position a web site without being an expert in SEO? Is it possible for a SEO tool to indicate what factors should be modified to position a web site? It attempts to answer both questions from a Domain Knowledge Base and an Inductive Knowledge Base by which the system suggests the most appropriate optimization tasks for positioning a pair [keyword, web site] on the first page of search engines and infers the positioning results to be obtained.
KeywordsSearch Engine Inference Engine Optimization Task Business Rule Antecedent Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chapple, M.: Clustering (2001), http://databases.about.com/od/datamining/g/clustering.htm (cited February 11, 2011)
- 2.Cohen, W.W.: Fast Effective Rule Induction. Paper Presented at the Twelfth International Conference on Machine Learning, Tahoe City, CA (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Enge, E., Spencer, S., Stricchiola, J., Fishkin, R.: The Art of SEO. O’Reilly Media (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Fishkin, R.: Search Engine Ranking Factors (2009), http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors (cited February 13, 2011)
- 5.Frank, E., Witten, I.: Generating Accurate Rule Sets Without Global Optimization. Paper Presented at the Fifteenth International Conference on Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide. Google, page 1 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Guida, G., Tasso, C.: Design and Development of Knowledge-Based Systems. From Life Cycle to Methodology. John Wiley and Sons Ltd., Chichester (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Quinlan, R.: C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo (1993)Google Scholar