An Agent-Based Community to Manage Urban Parking
In the context of road urban traffic management, the problem of parking spots search is a major issue because of its serious economic and ecological fallout. In this paper, we propose a multi-agent system that aims to decrease, for private vehicles drivers, the parking spots search time. In the system that we propose, a community of drivers shares information about spots availability. Our solution has been tested following different configurations. The first results show a decrease in parking spots search time.
KeywordsDecision Module Road Transport Parking Space Assistant Agent Parking Spot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Becker, C., Bauer, M., Hahner, J.: Usenet-on-the-fly: supporting locality of information in spontaneous networking environments. In: Workshop on Ad Hoc Communications and Collaboration in Ubiquitous Computing Environments. ACM Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Delot, T., Cénérario, N., Ilarri, S., Lecomte, S.: A cooperative reservation protocol for parking spaces in vehicular ad hoc networks. In: Mobility 2009, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Mobile Technology, Application and Systems. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Hodel-Widmer, T.B., Cong, S.: Psos, parking space optimization service. In: The 4th Swiss Transport Research Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Rongxing, L., Xiaodong, L., Haojin, Z., Xuemin, S.: Spark: A new vanet-based smart parking scheme for large parking lots. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1413–1421 (2009), doi:10.1109/INFCOM, 5062057Google Scholar
- 7.Scemama, G., Carles, O.: Claire-siti, public and road transport network management control: A unified approach. In: IEE Road Transport Information and Control Conference, pp. 11–18. Institution of Electrical Engineers (2004)Google Scholar