Contextual Norm-Based Plan Evaluation via Answer Set Programming
There is a recent trend on agent-oriented methods and abstractions in the field of Service Engineering to tackle governance of distributed (Semantic) Web systems. Some approaches are based on the creation of a social level where actors’ behaviour is regulated by means of computational norms. We present a framework where norm-enabled agents can, at runtime, 1) enter an organisational context, 2) get the organisational specification, including norms, and translate it into the agents’ internal representation and 3) determine the quality of a to-be-adopted plan taking into account the incentives derived from the norm-regulated context. A normative model formalisation is provided using Semantic Web elements. Then a translation of the formalism into Answer Set Programming and a full implementation of a normative plan evaluator are presented.
KeywordsMultiagent System Trajectory Path Explicit Substitution Open World Assumption Atom Trans
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Apt, K.R.: From Logic Programming to Prolog. Prentice-Hall, U.K (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Astefanoaei, L., Dastani, M., Meyer, J.J., de Boer, F.S.: On the Semantics and Verification of Normative Multi-Agent Systems. International Journal of Universal Computer Science 15(13), 2629–2652 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Cliffe, O., Vos, M.D., Padget, J.: pecifying and analysing agent-based social institutions using answer set programming, pp. 99–113 (2006) ISBN: 3-540-35173-6Google Scholar
- 5.Dastani, M., Tinnemeier, N.A., Meyer, J.J.: A Programming Language for Normative Multi-Agent Systems. Information Science Reference, Hershey (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ilghami, O., Nau, D.S.: A general approach to synthesize problem-specific planners (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Kollingbaum, M.J.: Norm-governed practical reasoning agents. Univ. of Aberdeen (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Okouya, D., Dignum, V.: Operetta: a prototype tool for the design, analysis and development of multi-agent organizations. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems: Demo Papers, pp. 1677–1678 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Oren, N., Panagiotidi, S., Vázquez-Salceda, J., Modgil, S., Luck, M., Miles, S.: Towards a Formalisation of Electronic Contracting Environments. In: Hübner, J.F., Matson, E., Boissier, O., Dignum, V. (eds.) COIN@AAMAS 2008. LNCS, vol. 5428, pp. 156–171. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Panagiotidi, S., Nieves, J.C., Vazquez-Salceda, J.: A Framework to Model Norm Dynamics in Answer Set Programming. In: Proceedings of FAMAS 2009, vol. 494 (2009)Google Scholar