Theta lifts and periods with respect to a quadratic extension
In this chapter we summarize a part of the first author’s recent work on the period conjectures of Shimura. Compared with the other chapters, the writing here is more terse. This chapter should more properly be viewed as a guide to the relevant literature, where elaborations on technical aspects can be found.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Do04a]Dou, Z.-L. “Arithmeticity and Theta Correspondence on an Orthogonal Group.” In Number theory: New York seminar 2003, edited by D. Chudnovsky, G. chudnovsky, and M. Nathanson. Springer-Verlag, 2004: 149–165.Google Scholar
- [Do04b]Dou, Z.-L. “Zeta Functions, Lifts, and Periods of Automorphic Forms.” In Second International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians: Proceedings of ICCM2001, edited by C. S. Lin, L. Yang, and S. T. Yau. International Press, 2004: 639–644.Google Scholar
- [Go06]Goldfeld, D. Automorphic forms and L-functions for the group GL(n,ℝ). Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics 99. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2006.Google Scholar
- [IK04]Iwaniec, H., Kowalski, E. Analytic number theory. American Mathematical Society, 2004.Google Scholar
- [Sh71]Shimura, G. Introduction to the arithmetic theory of automorphic functions. Iwanami Shoten, Princeton University Press, 1971.Google Scholar
- [Sh02a]Shimura, G. Collected papers, Volume I: 1954–1966. Springer, 2002.Google Scholar
- [Sh02b]Shimura, G. Collected papers, Volume II: 1967–1977. Springer, 2002.Google Scholar
- [Sh03a]Shimura, G. Collected papers, Volume III: 1978–1988. Springer, 2003.Google Scholar
- [Sh03b]Shimura, G. Collected papers, Volume IV: 1989–2001. Springer, 2003.Google Scholar