Secure Transport of Electronic Payment over GPRS
- 757 Downloads
This paper identified electronic security as a key component to the delivery of e-finance benefits in performing electronic transactions through GPRS type of communication. The fraud is known issue from the beginning of electronic payment and it is growing in line with the development of the technology. The paper describes the approach what GPRS POS should have in order to provide higher level of the security in GPRS network and to enhance the prevention in GPRS transactions in order to be more accepted by the customers.
KeywordsEuropean Central Bank Internet Service Provider Mobile Payment Data Encryption Standard Secure Socket Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Glaessner, T., Kellermann, T., McNevin, V.: Electronic Security: Risk Mitigatio in Financial Transactions, Public Policy Issues, The World Bank (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Bjåen, G.S., Kaasin, E.: Security in GPRS. Agder University College (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Halonen, T.: A System for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions, Department of Computer Science, Helsinki University of Technology (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Rysavy, P.: Data Capabilities: GPRS to HSDPA (2004), http://www.rysavy.com
- 5.Hellmund, M.: Smart Personalization for Wireless Applications, Media and Computer Science, Department of Digital Media, University of Applied Sciences, Furtwangen, Germany (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Hughes, L., Hay’awi, A.-K.: Analysis of Java-based end-to-end wireless internet security. In: IADIS International Conference WWW/Internet (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Lim, A.S.: Power Battles in ICT Standards-Setting Process, Lessons from Mobile Payments, Eindhoven Centre for Innovation Studies, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Huovinen, L.: Authentication and Security in GPRS Environment: An Overview, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Helsinki University of Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Financial Crime and Intelligence Division, Data Security in Financial Services (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Orman, K.: GPRS Security (2008)Google Scholar