Feature Specific Sentiment Analysis for Product Reviews
In this paper, we present a novel approach to identify feature specific expressions of opinion in product reviews with different features and mixed emotions. The objective is realized by identifying a set of potential features in the review and extracting opinion expressions about those features by exploiting their associations. Capitalizing on the view that more closely associated words come together to express an opinion about a certain feature, dependency parsing is used to identify relations between the opinion expressions. The system learns the set of significant relations to be used by dependency parsing and a threshold parameter which allows us to merge closely associated opinion expressions. The data requirement is minimal as this is a one time learning of the domain independent parameters. The associations are represented in the form of a graph which is partitioned to finally retrieve the opinion expression describing the user specified feature. We show that the system achieves a high accuracy across all domains and performs at par with state-of-the-art systems despite its data limitations.
KeywordsLatent Dirichlet Allocation Sentiment Analysis Target Feature Product Review Sentiment Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mosha, C.: Combining Dependency Parsing with Shallow Semantic Analysis for Chinese Opinion-Element Relation Identification, pp. 299–305. IEEE (2010) Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, Y., Zhang, Q., Huang, X., Wu, L.: Phrase Dependency Parsing for Opinion Mining. In: EMNLP 2009, Proceedings of the 2009 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, vol. 3 (2009) Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Q., Wu, Y., Li, T., Ogihara, M., Johnson, J., Huang, X.: Mining Product Reviews Based on Shallow Dependency Parsing. In: Proceedings of the 32nd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, SIGIR 2009 (2009) Google Scholar
- 4.Lakkaraju, H., Bhattacharyya, C., Bhattacharya, I., Merugu, S.: Exploiting Coherence for the simultaneous discovery of latent facets and associated sentiments. In: SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM) (April 2011) Google Scholar
- 5.Hu, M., Liu, B.: Mining and summarizing customer reviews. In: KDD 2004: Proceedings of the Tenth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (2004) Google Scholar
- 6.Griffiths, T.L., Steyvers, M., Blei, D.M., Tenenbaum, J.B.: Integrating Topics and Syntax. In: Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 17 (2005) Google Scholar
- 7.Blei, D.M., Jordan, M., Ng, A.: Latent Dirichlet Allocation. Journal of Machine Learning and Research, 993–1022 (2003) Google Scholar