An Automatic Image Inpainting Method for Rigid Moving Object
Image inpainting is to remove unnecessary objects or reconstruct damaged parts of an image automatically. In order to reduce the capacity of the file, the video film is usually stored after the quad or the octal processing. It is this processing that causes an image of low quality and makes the moving object become indistinct. In this paper, we proposed a new image inpainting method for rigid moving object in the temporal domain, in which the pixels are patched by the neighboring frames. The more neighboring frames are patched, the better a PSNR of the moving object image is obtained. The experiment results have shown that our method has good performance and obtained a better quality of the rigid moving object.
KeywordsMotion Estimation Object Motion Edge Point Cross Point Object Segmentation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Guo, H., Ono, N., Sagayama, S.: A structure-synthesis image inpainting algorithm based on morphological erosion operation. In: Congress on Image and Signal Processing, vol. 3, pp. 530–535 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Hung, J.C., Hwang, C.H., Liao, Y.C., Tang, N.C., Chen, T.J.: Exemplar-based image inpainting base on structure construction. Journal of Software 3(8), 57–64 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Hu, W.-C.: Real-time on-line video object segmentation based on motion detection without background construction. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 7(4), 1845–1860 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, P., Jia, K.: Research and Optimization of Low-Complexity Motion Estimation Method Based on Visual Perception. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 2(3), 217–226 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, C.-H., Chen, T.-Y., Wang, D.-J., Li, Y.-F.: Multipath Flatted-Hexagon Search for Block Motion Estimation. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(2), 110–131 (2010)Google Scholar