A Modified Doppler Diversity Receiver for OFDM
A Doppler diversity receiver for OFDM is proposed by Kim B C . The received signal is first frequency shifted to generate various signal branches. After FFT transformation in each branch, branches output of the same subcarrier are weighted and added together to get the signal which is used to make demodulating decisions. In the conventional Doppler diversity receiver, only the correlations of interferences of two branches less correlated are taken into account when choosing the frequency shift ,so choose the branches with f x = 0.75/T. Different from it, we find that when f x = 0.8/T, the correlations of interferences of three branches are less correlated to each other. Experiment results show that the modified receiver can achieve better BER performance than the conventional Doppler diversity receiver.
KeywordsDoppler diversity receiver OFDM BER performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Thomas, T.A., Vook, F.W.: Multi-user frequency-domain channel identification, interference suppression, and equalization for time-varying broadband wireless communications. In: Proc. Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop 2000, pp. 444–448 (March 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Boudreau, R., Chouinard, J.-Y., Yongacoglu, A.: Exploiting Doppler-diversity in flat, fast fading channels. In: Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering 2000, vol. 1, pp. 270–274 (March 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, B.-C., Lu, I.-T.: Doppler Diversity for OFDM Wireless Mobile Communications. Part I: frequency domain approaches. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 4, pp. 2677–2681 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, B.-C., Lu, I.-T.: Doppler Diversity for OFDM Wireless Mobile Communications. Part II:Time-Frequency processing. In: Proc. IEEE VTC 2003, Spring, Korea (April 2003) (in press)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, X., Zhu, G., Chen, X., Tan, Z.-H.: Doppler Diversity for OFDM High-Speed Mobile Communications. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2006, pp. 4665–4669 (June 2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, X., Tan, Z.-H., Chen, X.: Doppler Diversity Receiver for Broadband Wireless OFDM System under High-Speed Mobile Environments. In: IEEE International Symposium on MAPE 2005, vol. 2, pp. 1439–1442 (August 2005)Google Scholar