Study on Factors for Teaching Quality of Higher Education
With the rapid development of information technology, the growing demand for knowledge and talents of the information society and the knowledge economy, people’s aspirations for continuing education and lifelong learning grows as well. In order to meet the needs of learning, China has been expanding higher education, and the development is in the ascendant. This paper, in perspective of the practice of distance higher education, with the method of combining of literature study, questionnaire and practical application, applies evaluation theory and analytic hierarchy process and some mathematical model and tools, analyzes the effect in important factors and key link of distance higher education teaching quality evaluation, and establishes level 3 index system of distance higher education teaching quality evaluation, including 6 1-level indexes, 30 2-level indexes, 95 3-level indexes, and gives the comprehensive evaluation model.
KeywordsDistance higher education Quality of teaching Evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Scheerens, J., Glas, C., Thomas, S.M.: Educational Evaluation, Assessment and Monitoring, A systrmic Approach, p. 304. Swets & Zeitlinger Publishers (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Malcom, F.: Quality Assurance in Higher Education, USA, pp. 45–46 (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, K.: The Speech on the State Education Commission Education Work Telephone Conference in 1995. China Education Daily (1), 4 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, Y.: Quality Consciousness to Warm Up, Teaching Reform to Be Broken Through. Higher Education Research (3), 48–50 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Tyrrell, B.: Excellence or Quality: A Dilemma in Higher Education. Higher Education Review, 41–51 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Green, D.: What is Quality in Higher Education?, pp. 16–18. The SRHE and Open University Press, USA (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Riley, K.A., Nuttal, D.L.: Measuring Quality: Education Indicators United Kingdom and International Perspectives, London, pp. 22–24 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Beeby, C.E.: The Quality of Education in Developing. Countries, pp. 11–12. Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1966)Google Scholar