A Cloud Laboratory Framework Model for Teaching
This paper summarizes 3 essential characteristics of cloud computing and analyzes the common problem of the experimental teaching of computer network course in China’s universities. It then puts forward a cloud laboratory framework model for teaching which bears the essential qualities of cloud computing and then describes 3 service modes of the laboratory and discusses those crucial problems to be solved in cloud course laboratory.
KeywordsCloud computing Course laboratory Framework model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Miller, M., Lei, J.J. (trans.): Cloud- Computing. China Mechanical Industry Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, G., Xu, Y., Lu, Y.: Discussions on Application of Cloud Computing in Laboratory Construotion and Management. Journal of Chinese Equipment Education Technology (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Fox, A.: Cloud computing in education (EB/OL) (2009), http://inews.berkeley.edu/articles/Spring2009/cloud-computing
- 4.Hotden, P., Kang, W.: Database in the cloud: a work in progress. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on SIGinformation Technology Education (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, X., Zhao, S.: Research on and Design of Platform according to Experiment Teaching Cloud Computing. Journal of Chuzhou University 4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Cappos, J., Beschastnikh, I., Krishnamurthy, A.: Seattle: A platform for educational cloud computing. In: Proceedings of the 40th ACM Technical Symposium, vol. 3, pp. 111–115 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Moothoor, J., Bhatt, V.A.: A Cloud Computing Solution in Universities (2011), http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cn/webservices/ws-vcl/CMP=tec-yesky
- 8.Huang, C., Qin, H.: Research and Implementation on Cloud Computing—based Virtual Computer Laboratory. Journal of Laboratory Management and Exploration (2010)Google Scholar