The Design and Implementation of Shooting Training and Intelligent Evaluation System
In order to solve the problem that the present shooting training systems can only simply evaluate the shooting results, rather than analyze the shooting technical level in a comprehensive way, this paper designs and implements a shooting training and intelligent evaluation system by image acquisition and processing technique, data mining technique, intelligent evaluation technique, database management technique, etc. By recording the trace of the aiming point in a shooting session, the system accomplishes automatic target-scoring and the intelligent evaluation of the shooter’s technique level. It can diagnose the holding stability, hitting stability, aiming accuracy and other technical standards. This system has been successfully applied in the shooting training with 95 military-style rifles in a field unit, and some sports including air rifle shooting can also employ this system.
KeywordsShooting training Image analysis Automatic target-scoring Intelligent evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, J., Yan, S., Xu, Y.: Automatic Target-reading System Development. Laser & Infrared 36(12), 1152–1154, 1164 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Silva, H.L.K., Uthuranga, S.D., Shiyamala, B., Kumarasiri, W.C.M., Walisundara, H.B., Karunarathne, G.T.I.: A trainer system for air rifle/pistol shooting. In: Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Machine Vision, pp. 236–241 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, S.: The design and implementation of shooting system simulation platform for police college. In: Pro. of the 8th International Conference on Embedded Computing, pp. 566–570 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Williams, M.: What’s New in Firearms Simulators. Law and Order 56(3), 40–41, 44, 46–47 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, H.: Research on Pistol Shooting Stability. Journal of Hunan Institute of Science and Technology(Natural Sciences) 21(3), 86–88, 91 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Microsoft SQL Server (2009), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicrosoftSQL-Server/#Editions (accessed May 28, 2009)
- 7.Liang, H.W., Kong, B.: A Shooting Training and Instructing System Based on Image Analysis. In: Proc. of 2006 IEEE International Conference on Information Acquisition, pp. 961–966 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar