WFFS: A SaaS-Based Multi-tenant Workflow Engine
As a new form to access software services by users, SaaS has become an increasingly important service delivery model. Meanwhile, as part of computer supported cooperative work, workflow greatly simplifies the use of workload and improve work efficiency. We propose a workflow engine architecture to support multi-tenant, multi-tenant and introduce the design and implementation of the workflow engine. Multi-tenant workflow engine can identify tenant context based on the current tenants, in this way achieve isolation of workflow data for every tenants, ensure the operation of every tenant’ corresponding workflow. Multi-tenant Workflow engine enables multi-tenant feature in transparent way, so developers do not need to focus on the characteristics of multi-tenant, hence the difficulty of development is reduced. The isolation of workflow data is achieved in the middleware layer, no mater ensures the safety of tenants data, but also reduce the development effort and development costs for service providers.
KeywordsSaaS multi-tenant workflow middleware
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Workflow Management Coalition workflow management coalition terminologya and glossary. Technical Report, WfMC TC-10.1.1. Workflow Management Coalition, Brussels (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Jacobs, D., Aulbach, S.: Ruminations on Multi-tenant Databases. In: BTW Proceedings (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiao, D., Hui, M., Luo, R., Wang, Q.: The Design and Implementation of Manual Task Customization in Workflow System Based on SaaS. In: ICCSIT 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Guo, C.J., Sun, W., Huang, Y., Wang, Z.H., Gao, B.: A Framework for Native Multi-Tenancy Application Development and Management. In: CEC-EEE 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Chong, F., Carraro, G.: Architecture strategies for catching the long tail. MSDN Library, Microsoft Corporation (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Anstett, T., Leymann, F., Mietzner, R., Strauch, S.: Towards BPEL in the Cloud: Exploiting Different Delivery Models for the Execution of Business Processes. In: SERVICES 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, B., Deng, S., Li, Y., Wu, J., Yin, J.: Reference Models for SaaS Oriented Business Workflow Management Systems. In: SCC 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Osipov, C., Goldszmidt, G., Taylor, M., Poddar, I.: Develop and Deploy Multi-Tenant Web-delivered Solutions using IBM middleware (online)Google Scholar