Student Performances Prediction Based on Improved C4.5 Decision Tree Algorithm
Data mining is a new technology and has successfully applied on a lot of fields. In this paper we applied a decision tree for mining the information that hides inside the student scores. In this paper, the C4.5 decision tree algorithm is improved. Using this improved algorithm, the decision tree model is produced and the classification rules are extracted. Finally, student performances are predicted. This technology helps a lot in middle school teaching improvement, and the quality of teaching becomes better.
KeywordsData mining C4.5 algorithm College exam scores prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liao, Q., Hao, Z., Chen, Z. (eds.): Data Mining and Mathematical Modeling. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Hu, K., Tian, F., Huang, H. (eds.): Data Mining Theory and Applications. Tsinghua University Press; Beijing Jiao tong University Press, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Tan, J.: Data Mining. China Water Power Press, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, Y.: Data Warehouse and Data Mining. Dalian Maritime University Press, Dalian (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Dai, N.: Based on Decision Tree Classification Method: (Master thesis). Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Han, J., Kamber, M., Fan, M., Meng, X.(trans.): Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques (the original book version 2) / (increase). Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar