Efficient Mining Top-k Regular-Frequent Itemset Using Compressed Tidsets
Association rule discovery based on support-confidence framework is an important task in data mining. However, the occurrence frequency (support) of a pattern (itemset) may not be a sufficient criterion for discovering interesting patterns. Temporal regularity, which can be a trace of behavior, with frequency behavior can be revealed as an important key in several applications. A pattern can be regarded as a regular pattern if it occurs regularly in a user-given period. In this paper, we consider the problem of mining top-k regular-frequent itemsets from transactional databases without support threshold. A new concise representation, called compressed transaction-ids set (compressed tidset), and a single pass algorithm, called TR-CT (Top-k Regular frequent itemset mining based on Compressed Tidsets), are proposed to maintain occurrence information of patterns and discover k regular itemsets with highest supports, respectively. Experimental results show that the use of the compressed tidset representation achieves highly efficiency in terms of execution time and memory consumption, especially on dense datasets.
KeywordsAssociation Rule Frequent Itemsets Mining Association Rule Memory Consumption Support Threshold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Shyu, M.L., Haruechaiyasak, C., Chen, S.C., Zhao, N.: Collaborative filtering by mining association rules from user access sequences. In: Int. Workshop on Challenges in Web Information Retrieval and Integration, pp. 128–135. IEEE Computer Society (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases. In: VLDB, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Tanbeer, S.K., Ahmed, C.F., Jeong, B.S.: Mining regular patterns in incremental transactional databases. In: Int. Asia-Pacific Web Conference, pp. 375–377. IEEE Computer Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Han, J., Wang, J., Lu, Y., Tzvetkov, P.: Mining top-k frequent closed patterns without minimum support. In: IEEE ICDM, pp. 211–218 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Zaki, M.J., Gouda, K.: Fast vertical mining using diffsets. In: ACM SIGKDD KDD International Conference, pp. 326–335 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.: UCI machine learning repository (2007)Google Scholar