Decision Support System for Agribusiness Investment as e-Government Service Using Computable General Equilibrium Model
Investment is one activity that is quite tricky. Investment activity should be based on accurate calculations. Government as the regulator of investment activity within a country, can build an e-Government services in the form of a Decision Support System (DSS) to assist the investment decision-making. Investment activity in one sector can influence other sectors. One model that can be used to see the influence is Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) model. Some softwares has been available to perform complex CGE calculations. However, these softwares are generally not easy to use and not attractive. This paper presents the results of research in creating a system called Decision Support System for Agribusiness Investment (DSSAI). This system can perform complex CGE calculations, easy to use and has an attractive interface. These systems can be used as a benchmark for the user to determine whether he can invest in one of agribusiness sector or not. Users can perform a simulation by changing one variable, then see the effect on some sectors in agribusiness. The results of the DSSAI simulation are suitable with the opinion and the experience of economic experts, especially with the expert in agribusiness investment.
KeywordsDecision Support System e-Government Computable General Equilibrium Agribusiness Investment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Heeks, R.: Implementing and Managing eGovernment An International Text. SAGE Publications, London (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Mohora, M.C., Bayar, A.: Computable General Equilibrium Models for The Central and Eastern European EU Member States: A Survey. Romanian Journal of Economic Forecasting 1, 26–44 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Diao, X., Yeldan, E., Roe, T.L.: A Simple Dynamic Applied General Equilibrium Model of a Small Open Economy: Transitional Dynamics and Trade Policy. Journal of Economic Development 23(1), 77–101 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Abdelkhalek, T., Dufour, J.M.: Confidence Regions for Calibrated Parameters in Computable General Equilibrium Models. Annales D’economie et de Statistique (81), 1–31 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Martin, R.H.: Tourism Events: Impact on Imports. International Journal of Event Management Research 3(1), 15–28 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.PT. Primakelola Agribisnis Agroindustri. Final Report of The Formulation of Agro Industry Sector Investment Incentives Models (2009) (unpublished)Google Scholar
- 8.Galitz, W.O.: The Essential Guide to User Interface Design An Introduction to GUI Design Principles and Techniques. Wiley Publishing, Inc., Indiana (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Pressman, R.S.: Software Engineering A Practitioner’s Approach. Mc Graw-Hill, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Ramadhan, A., Sensuse, D.I.: e-Livestock as a New Paradigm in e-Government. In: Ramadhan, A., Sensuse, D.I. (eds.) Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, vol. 1, pp. 1–4. IEEE Press (2011)Google Scholar