A Neuron Model Based on Hamilton Principle and Energy Coding
The studies on neural network and dynamics analysis are done by lots of researchers while there is few about single neuron. We get a dynamical model based on Hamilton principle from neural physical circuit. The discharge of neuron can be simulated successfully. Furthermore, we discuss the system generalized energy consumption when the neuron is firing. The variety patterns of energy maybe contain some coding about information transmission between neurons.
Keywordsmodel Hamilton principle neuron coding energy function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mickey, B.J., Middlebrooks, J.C.: Representation of auditory space by cortical neurons in awake cats. J. Neurosci. 23, 8649–8663 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Hodgkin, A.L., Huxley, A.F.: A quentitative description of membrane current and its application to conduction and excitation in nerve. J. Physiol. 117, 500–544 (1952)Google Scholar
- 8.Nagumo, J., Arimoto, S., Yoshizawa, S.: An active pulse transmission line simulating nerve axon. In: Proc. IRE, vol. 50, pp. 2061–2070 (1962)Google Scholar
- 9.FitzHugh, R.: Mathematical models of excitation and propagation in nerve. In: Schwan, H.P. (ed.) Biological Engineering, pp. 1–85. McGraw-Hill, New York (1969)Google Scholar
- 12.Izhikevich, E.M.: Int. J. Bifurcat. Chaos 10, 117 (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Attwell, D., Laughlin, S.B.: J. Cerebr. Blood F Met. 21, 1133 (2001); Sarpeshkar, R.: Neural Comput. 10, 1601 (1998) Google Scholar